Wednesday, April 10, 2013

summer welcome

I'd say that summer weather is more or less here. Spring was nice while it lasted. 8:48 am and currently 61 degrees, but it feels worse because of the humidity. Going to be 86 today. Bleh.

I hear the Midwest, on the other hand, is getting another dose of winter. It's been awhile since that has happened, but it pleases me to no end because it reminds me of when I was younger. And because I don't have to deal with it...yet.

Instead, my allergies are flaring. Woke up with pain and pressure in my face, making me especially tired and unmotivated. Ibuprofen already taken. Will probably take some Allegra D when I bike home after my 10 o'clock. And then coffee for good measure.

I attended Ben's class yesterday just to see him teach because I NEVER have; even when he was student teaching. I've seen him lead big band, but lecturing is a little different. He did an awesome job. I would have enjoyed the class period as much as if I was actually taking it. That is my unbiased opinion. But I am biased, no doubt.

Excited to check this day off the list.

2 comments:

  1. At least winter isn't still haunting you! We had an ice storm swoop in and kill all of the adorable little spring buds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Booooo, winter! I saw tons of pictures of the weather today. Same thing happened to us when I was a sophomore at Bethel. Tons of snow that dumped in April. There used to be a beautiful tree with pretty pink blossoms in a square of dirt at the eastern front of the Ad Building (between the green and that downstairs door). That snow was so heavy it broke that beautiful tree, so they cut it down. I was so sad!

      Delete