Sunday, April 21, 2013

sayonara, classes

It's almost time to burn (but likely recycle) my notes and resell my textbooks!
One week of classes to go.
I'm so ready for it. (!!!)
The beauty of FINALLY having a test-free week was that I actually had time to read for my classes instead of fretting about taking ANOTHER exam.
As a result, I'm ready to take a quiz in Family Relationships AND my Personality Psych final.
It will be SO nice to check that class off of the list and focus on the last three.
By the end of finals week I will have taken 17 multiple-choice exams, 2 five-question quizzes and 2 short writing assignments.
Coming from Bethel, where you having plenty of opportunities to work on your paper-writing skills, that just seems weird. But it was a hassle-free way to earn my missing Psych credits, and for that I am grateful. I'm pretty sure I learned something too.

We haven't started packing yet, but I might begin sorting and boxing a few things up at the end of the week. I don't like the idea of living in an empty shell filled with boxes, so I'm trying to hold off until finals are out of the way.
Our move-out date might be moving up depending on the weather and when Dad can plant, but regardless, we'll still be moving sometime between May 5-12.
IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE WE'RE MOVING. THIS IS GONNA BE CRAZY.

I will leave you with some recipes that we've tried out recently, and they were AMAZING:
Shrimp & Grits
(I didn't add the cream, but we DID add a dollop of plain greek yogurt. YUM!)
Squash & Chickpea Moroccan Stew
(If it says you should add yogurt for garnish, YOU USE IT! Absolutely MADE the dish.)
Vegan Quinoa & Sweet Potato Chili 
(Doesn't have to be vegan...I used pork bone/vegetable stock.)




No comments:

Post a Comment