Monday, April 22, 2013

in with the new

Just as I'm starting my last week of classes, I'm already setting up for next year's.
I just finished registering for my first semester of grad school classes (see below).
It is the most simple-looking schedule I've ever had in my life.
The interesting part: ALL 3 hour classes.
I'm not completely fearful of this. I've taken once-a-week classes before, and I'm already used to prolonged studio art classes. You kind of NEED that amount of time when you're doing art, so I'm not completely surprised that classes follow this structure. When we visited the Jazz History program at Rutgers we went to a 3 hour John Coltrane class. It's not so bad.
Not exactly sure what the balance of academic lecture vs. hands-on art-making will be.
It IS kind of intense-looking, but I'll evaluate it further once we get started.



Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
9 am-12 pm
Theory & History of Art Ther.

Art Materials, Process & Application

1-4 pm


Career Development

6-9 pm



Theories of
Counseling/Art Psychotherapy


I'm also really excited because I got into the weekend workshops that I wanted:
Child/Medical Art Therapy (Nov. 1-3) 
Veterans' Issues/PTSD (Oct. 4-6).

Unfortunately, the Veterans' Issues workshop is being held the same weekend as Bethel's Fall Festival.
Going to miss it AGAIN. :(
Maybe 2014 will be in my favor.
But I AM really happy to start my first semester off with these workshops because they're two topics that I'm most interested in.
So even though I THOUGHT about taking a different workshop, I decided that learning more about these subjects/making more informed decisions about MY FUTURE CAREER ought to trump verenike.
At least I have 2 weekend options for Schmeckfest.

Gahhhh! I'm so excited for school/Milwaukee/Wisconsin/Midwest culture/sausage/cheese/beer/Taylor (who lives in Madison, WI)/Chicago nearby/etc.!
I'm also elated that my last Personality exam is in 3.5 hours.
I don't know how I fall asleep at night.
The near future looks nuts.

Have a decent Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment